Billings Business Formation Attorneys
Supporting Businessowners Throughout Montana
The initial formation and organization of your business play a vital role in its long-term success. The type of business entity you choose will influence how your company is structured, how it is taxed, how conflicts will be resolved, how finances will be managed, and your level of personal liability.
No matter the industry or size of your company, you will inevitably face challenges and deal with legal concerns that require qualified legal representation. Our Billings business formation lawyers have years of experience helping clients set up their companies and navigate all of the issues that arise creating a new company. At Dietrich & Associates, P.C., we provide comprehensive, cost-effective advice to business owners in all stages of development and growth, including mergers, restructuring, and succession. We are invested in your success and will leverage our extensive knowledge to meet your unique needs.
Whether you are a new or an experienced business owner, we can help you make the best decisions for your company based on your goals. Contact us online or call (406) 344-1310 to schedule an initial consultation.
Choosing a Business Entity
One of the most crucial steps in launching a viable business is selecting the appropriate business entity. This should not be an arbitrary decision: Your choice will result in long-term ramifications and dictate how your company will function.
Several entity types are available, and each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. We can evaluate your objectives and advise which type of entity is right for you.
Some of the most prominent types of business entities include:
- Limited partnerships (LPs). In an LP, some participants will act exclusively as investors, or “limited partners.” Participants who own and operate the venture are considered “general partners” and assume liability for the entity. An LP can be great for raising money, as general partners can maintain control as limited partners come and go.
- Limited liability companies (LLCs). LLCs provide flexibility in how the company is taxed, and owners enjoy personal liability protection. LLCs also do not come with the same level of regulatory and reporting requirements that often encumber corporations. They can be a great choice for smaller businesses and new business owners.
- C corporations. Shareholders of a C corporation do not have personal liability and are potentially eligible for significant tax deductions. However, business losses cannot be deducted on personal tax returns. C corporations are also subject to strict reporting and corporate management rules.
- S corporations. An S corporation is considered a “pass-through” entity, meaning shareholders avoid corporate taxation and double taxation. Owners also do not have personal liability, but these entities come with considerable reporting and corporate management requirements.
When you have made your selection, our team at Dietrich & Associates, P.C. will handle all elements of your new company’s formation. We will work with you to prepare all necessary documentation and register the appropriate paperwork with regulatory authorities. If you choose to form a corporation, we can also help you establish bylaws and ensure you understand all reporting requirements.
Comprehensive Business Services
Once your business entity is up and running, you will inevitably continue to encounter issues that warrant legal attention. We are prepared to provide the resources you need to effectively navigate all types of situations.
Our Billings business formation attorneys can help you assess and make decisions about your company’s:
- Short- and long-term objectives
- Business model
- Industry norms
- Infrastructure and capital investment
- Competitive environment
- Regulatory and compliance requirements
- Management and employee issues
Get the capable legal advocate your business deserves. Contact us online or call (406) 344-1310 to learn more about how our Billings business formation lawyers can set you up for success.
“I would just like to say that the level of professionalism they maintain is extraordinary!” - Matthew M.
“David is a phenomenal lawyer and an empathetic human being.” - David P.
“Tough to get into but definitely worth it.” - Former Client
“Mr. Dietrich is an expert in the law and understands people.” - WS
“David and his crew were awesome!” - Tasha K.
“Overall the finest lawyer I have ever felt with.” - Evelyn M.
“I have referred countless clients to David Dietrich and Associates over the year, and, will continue that practice.” - William D.
“I have such confidence in him that I have referred family, friends, and business associates.” - Former Client
“I can't recommend them enough!” - DB.