At Dietrich & Associates, P.C., we are ready to help you solve many types of legal issues. Our attorneys have years of experience and can provide the incisive perspective you need to achieve a favorable resolution in your case.
Our legal team can assist you with matters involving:
- Real Estate. Purchasing or selling real estate can be complex process. Our firm can help you navigate each step of closing, including managing title searches, title insurance, and title defects. We can also prepare and negotiate necessary paperwork, including purchase and sale agreements, easements, mortgage documents, and title documents. Our team has extensive experience in this area.
- Trust and Probate Litigation. Disputes will sometimes develop between beneficiaries of an estate when one or more parties believe a will or trust is illegitimate, unclear, or unenforceable. Any interested party has the right to contest a will entered in probate, and trusts can also become vulnerable to litigation in certain situations. Our team can represent you in both probate and trust litigation. We know how to approach allegations involving undue influence, financial exploitation of the elderly, estate mismanagement, trust mismanagement, and a failure to validate a document under state law. Our firm can also work to efficiently resolve issues of unclear or contradictory language.
- Guardianships and Conservatorships. A guardianship and/or conservatorship may become necessary when an aging or disabled adult is no longer able to care for themselves. A guardian makes personal and medical decisions on a disabled individual’s behalf, while a conservator handles their financial affairs. The court process for requesting a conservatorship and/or guardianship can be strenuous and overwhelming, but we can guide you every step of the way.
- Financial Powers of Attorney. When you execute a finanical power of attorney (POA) document, you give another person the legal ability to act on your behalf in situations you define. Many choose to implement “springing” POA documents that trigger an agent’s authority when you become incapacitated. A medical power of attorney can assist you in healthcare settings, while a financial power of attorney oversees your financial affairs. We can draft and execute POA documents that are consistent with your needs and preferences.
- Wills and Trusts. Wills and trusts can both be used to determine what will happen to your property once you pass away. Your will also allows you to name a personal representative (executor) to manage your estate and a guardian for your minor children. Trusts can be sophisticated instruments that offer greater durability and can be used to avoid probate. Our team can walk you through what each tool can accomplish and create enforceable documents that reflect your final wishes.
- Probate. Probate is a process (which may or may not be court supervised in Montana) through which a deceased person’s estate is settled. A personal representative (named in the will or appointed by the court) will be responsible for inventorying property, paying debts, and distributing assets. This process can quickly overwhelm a grieving family, especially if contentious disputes or other complications arise. We can assist you with each stage of probate and will work to protect the interests of the deceased. Our firm can also help you take proactive steps to minimize the impact of probate on your loved ones.
- Estate Planning. Creating an estate plan is an important part of preparing for the future and protecting your family. Estate planning tools allow you to decide who will receive your assets and who will care for your minor children once you are gone. These documents can also be used to avoid probate, achieve asset protection, reduce the impact of federal estate taxes, and prepare for incapacity. We will review your planning goals and implement the tools that will provide you with peace of mind.
- Business Formation. If you are looking to create a limited liability company, a limited partnership, or a corporation, we can help you select and form the business entity that best supports your objectives. Our firm can also provide continuing, cost-effective counsel to business leaders in a variety of legal areas.
“I would just like to say that the level of professionalism they maintain is extraordinary!” - Matthew M.
“Tough to get into but definitely worth it.” - Former Client
“David is a phenomenal lawyer and an empathetic human being.” - David P.